Sunday, May 18, 2014

A June Knitalong!

I am happy to announce my Moon Stone Farm Yarn group on Ravelry will be hosting a couple knitalongs this summer. I need some more scarves to wear at work to keep the chill out in the winter, so I decided some scarf knitalongs would be just the ticket to make it a little more fun.

Deciding what patterns to use has been a fun job. I was forced to spend time perusing patterns on Ravelry. Possibly I could be accused of coming up with a convenient excuse to spend time pattern digging over there. I wanted the first pattern to be easy, interesting, and use two different skeins to give a striping effect. It also needed to work with fingering weight yarn so it is light enough I could keep it on all day. I ended up choosing a free pattern called Kary's Chevron Scarf. Check it out and join us for a fun June knitalong!

This is the yarn I'll be using:


MSFY Summer Plums and MSFY Brown Purple

Both yarns above are discontinued in my shop, but the Summer Plums color is still available in the any the yarns currently in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment